BLACK OLIVE – One of the original restaurant that opened in the Capitol Commons area before – I really liked their simple, no non-sense approach to food. Last week we went back to try their new dishes and here’s some of my favourites. Giving you a list of 10 New Dishes when you visit at Black Olive, Capitol Commons.
10. BLACK OLIVE PAELLA – The deep flavour of their paella starts with a good sofrito that’s made of aromatic ingredients that builds up the flavour that marries well with the seafood bits that it’s cooked with. It’s filling, flavourful and definitely filling.
9. BALSAMIC CHICKEN & GARLIC PARMESAN WINGS – These wings are actually pretty good one is tossed in some chili and a balsamic vinegar reducting making for this deep, dark and slightly spicy glaze and the other one tossed in a mixture of galic and parmesan. The wings are quite big and is perfect for sharing.
8. INVOLTINI – If you’re into something more light, do try this dish of eggplant rolled and stuffed with ricotta and roasted cherry tomatoes and a bit of a balsamico drizzle – very good.
7. RAVIOLI – This is one filling pasta dish of ravioli piece stuffed with mushroom with the pasta bits enveloped by a luscious parmesan cream sauce and a bit of truffle oil. Rich flavours and a killer aroma – I can eat this all day.
6. ITALIAN SAUSAGE PIZZA – nice crust and bold flavours, that’s how I’d describe this pizza – a bed of basil pesto and cheese (mozzarella and parmesan) with bits italian sausage all in a beautifully charred crust.
5. STRACCI PASTA – A personal favourite from the pasta that we tried, this one is a definite must-try! This coming from a guy that’s not usually a fan of pesto that’s the based utilized for this dish. Papardelle pieces coated in a pesto cream sauce and mixed with bits of italian sausage and roasted tomatoes – so simple but so good!!!
4. TIRAMISU – Layers of grated chocolate, mascarpone custard and coffee soaked lady fingers – it’s a very good and simple sweet tooth treat that paired really well after a rich and filling meal.
3. BLACK OLIVE RIBEYE – Now this is a thing of beauty and the aroma is just fantastic! 12 oz of Angus Ribeye sizzling in some mustard butter and served with a side of rosemary roasted potatoes. Do remember to eat it right away or remove the slices from the sizzling plate if you want to retain your desired meat doneness.
2. MARSALA & WALNUT SEMIFREDO – Layers of crushed nuts, a bed of caramel sauce, frozen cream and custard and another grating of nuts on top for more flavour. GOOD!
- CHICKEN SCARPIELLO – Now this is my absolute favourite and the biggest surprise of our lunch. A fillet of chicken perfectly seared with crispy skin side giving a nice crunch to the bite and then you hit the sausage and fennerl risotto and some roasted peppers. I’d go back to Black Olive for this dish – so good!!!
They also have a buy one take one promo on these French wines – a great deal specially for the coming Valentines Day since all these food are perfect with a glass of wine.
Unit R3A & B, Camino Verde Avenue,
Capitol Commons, Brgy. Oranbo, Pasig City